FOXPRO Programming Software for Mac
The Sound Programming Utility is an easy-to-use application providing you with complete management of sounds in your FOXPRO game call. With this application you can: add new sounds, remove sounds, reorganize sounds, manage your sound categories (only for models that feature category support), print sound labels, backup your sounds, and more.
Publication Date: December 19, 2023
Link: Download Apple Disk Image
Installing the Mac App Bundle
- Click the download link to begin downloading the the Mac Disk Image.
- If you are using Safari, upon completion of the download, you will find the bundle in your downloads folder. The file is called "FOXPRO-Programmer".
- Move this file into your Applications folder for easy future access.
- To launch the application, double-click on the new icon in your Applications folder. NOTE: If you receive a message stating "cannot run software from an unknown developer" when you first try to open it, follow these steps:
- Open System Preferences
- Open Security & Privacy
- Look for a warning message regarding "FOXPRO-Programmer" and click the 'open anyway' button to launch it. The application should now load. You only have to do this one time.
Notes for Ventura
Mac OS creates a number of hidden folders on external media that is connected to the computer, including your FOXPRO game call. Examples of these hidden folders are: ".Spotlight-V100", ".fseventsd", and ".Trashes". These hidden directories can cause problems when trying to sync a sound list to game call. Please follow the steps below if your Mac OS is Ventura:
- Remove the old version of the programming utility from the Mac
- Install the Apple Disk Image by following the steps in the Installing the Mac App Bundle section above.
- You are now ready to follow the programming steps to add or remove sounds from your FOXPRO game call.
Note: If you previously tried to use an old version of the programming utility while your Mac was operating on the Ventura OS you will need to remove the hidden files it has created before programming can continue.
Notes for CatalinaMac OS creates a number of hidden folders on external media that is connected to the computer, including your FOXPRO game call. Examples of these hidden folders are: ".Spotlight-V100", ".fseventsd", and ".Trashes". These hidden directories can cause problems when trying to sync a sound list to game call with a TX1000 remote control. If you have a game call with a TX1000, the following steps will ensure that these hidden directories are removed from your game call by the utility.
- Make sure the programming utility is closed.
- Open System Preferences.
- Open Security & Privacy.
- Click on the padlock icon in the lower-left side of the window to enable making a change.
- On the left, scroll down and locate 'Full Disk Access' and click on it.
- On the right, locate 'FOXPRO-Programmer' and place a check next to it.
Using the Software
For additional help using the software, please take a look at the Programming Support Center. There, you will find a complete guide that teaches you how to use the software to install new sounds into your FOXPRO game call.